Sunday 26 June 2011

Well, Hubby is now 'come to the  dark side' in terms of being careful about what he eats, and he now 'gets' my obsession with supplements and food.  That has got to be the most validating feeling I've had in a long time.  He was listening to a newsclip about different things regarding health and he said that THIS is probably why and how I've kept my MS 'down' and why I'm doing as well as I am.  He's right - the fact that I don't eat red meat, and stick to mostly fish and some chicken, along with all the veggies has probably kept me 'standing' for this long.  I always wonder where I might be if I hadn't adopted this way after chemo.  I think, and firmly believe, that sure chemo may have given things a shake and slowed them, maybe even stalled them for a time, but the fact that I HAVE changed my diet/with supplements has been what has kept things in check.

And also how 'they're' talking about the benefits of exercise on MS, even more importantly so than on a 'regular joe'.

Yes there are things I can't do. And to a degree it's frustrating, like the volunteer work I was doing at the MCC.  I felt good about doing it, but it took too much out of me.  I know people think that it's not that I worked so hard physically, I stood.  But standing is SOOO hard when you think about how many muscles it takes.  It's so easy to take it for granted, and sometimes I do too, but when you combine that with keeping and using balance, constantly moving and using those muscles, my poor little noggin apparently can't do it.

I haven't worked out today - it's fairly warm out (hot in the sun), so I've been puttering around the house and outside doing bits here and there.  But when I texted hubby to tell him what I've been doing, I was flabbergasted and impressed with ME.  Get a load of this!
I:
cleaned the yard (picked up the dog poop)
weeded the back garden
watered garden
transplanted some onions and fixed herb pots
planted some fig trees
watered the front flowers
did a load of laundry
bathed the dog

And it's hot out!
I texted hubby to tell him that supper was his deal, I'm done.  So he phones and tells me to take some meat out of the freezer to BBQ.  Hmmm, not what I was thinking, but at this point - whatever! ;>

Supplements are the same, flaxseed oil, omega3's VitD, B12, VitC so nothing has really changed there.

Ohhh, the heat, and my work has taken it's toll - I just got a whiff of 'me' - it's time to shower.

l8r g8r B Hlthy

No comments: